9.13.2006

the songs that lead to nowhere

I stand somewhere so familiar,
But my only desire is to drift,
Is to drift to the unknown.
I play something so familiar
Hoping, wishing to escape this all…

Now organic tones emerge
From things synthetic born,
But gracefully transformed
Into something mystifying
And only comprehensible
When thoughts are left alone.
Tones like shooting stars appear
And fade as quickly as they came,
But leave memories as strong.

I used to be somewhere I knew…

Rhythmic beats forge patterns
Somewhere deep within my mind:
Take me somewhere new.
Rhythms break away to frantic splendor
Of more strings – dark and bright.
I lose _______ in this.
Immersed in soft cascading lines:
Like waterfalls descending,
Created by steel strings;
And tickled keys lead verses
Trickling somewhere new.
Far away from there…

To a place where here is nowhere to be found…

No comments: